Out of many functions that security cameras perform, the most prominent one is how it protects people from unforeseen incidents. Aside from the physical role that a security guard will perform, security cameras can serve as a form of deterrance which will also improve the confidence and sense of safety of homeowners. The knowledge that a security camera is capturing each of your activities and those of people around you sort of puts the mind at ease. You can learn more about security cameras and other ways to protect your home or any other type of property on https://athena-security.com.
There are several types of security cameras, each with different features that distinguishes it and makes it better and different from others. This guide will help you to choose the best security camera system for your office, industries, home, or public space. Here are some of the things that determine the type of security camera to install.
- Preferred location of installation: one of the foremost factors to consider before buying a security camera is the location where the camera would be installed. This is because the brightness of the surrounding has a direct effect on the quality of the footage. For example, if the camera would be installed in a place where lighting is low, you might need to choose a camera that comes with extra lighting features and or one that is capable of capturing clear-footage even at night or in the dark.
You will also determine if the camera will be installed completely outdoors where it will be exposed to the elements or indoors. Although some security cameras can be installed indoor and some outdoor not all cameras are built for outdoor life. This is because hardware features like durable design, water-resistance, and heater system are not ranked equal in all cameras. If you require outdoor surveillance solution, you need to choose cameras that are built to withstand harsh conditions.
- Coverage area: The coverage area most times, determines the number of cameras that you need to install. For example, if you want to install a security camera in a tiny office with a considerable number of obstacles, your best bet would be to install more cameras so that you can cover the entire area. Consequentially, if you do not want to crowd your space with excess cameras, you need to purchase cameras with pan tilt zoom that have large viewing range and can zoom in on an object or activity. Also, cameras with wide-angle views like canon make it possible to monitor a huge area with fewer cameras.
- Stealth camera or visible camera: The location and the coverage area will influence whether or not your camera would be visible or in a stealth mode. Dome cameras, for example, come in small half-spherical shapes, and as a result, can fit into anywhere and are good for stealth. Box camera, on the other hand, are obvious and cannot be hidden If you to keep reminding people of the fact that they are being monitored, then you can install a box camera. If not, the dome camera is a better choice.
- The cost: Wired security cameras are oftentimes more expensive than their wireless counterpart. As a result, they are more efficient. The wireless, on the other hand, require no cable and the encryption protocols are ever-increasing and ever-reliable.
- Maintenance: one pitfall that you need to avoid is purchasing a security camera with frequent maintenance need as such would fail frequently. Seek out information before purchase and buy from only trusted brands.
- The complexity of the system: complexity can be a blessing if you know what you want. An improvement in the technology used to manufacture security cameras has made them more reliable and efficient. For example, features like accurate and faster threat detection have been added to some security systems. Such can alert users of unwelcome visitors, falls, or accidents on your premises. To improve performance, the threat detection system, audio system, connectivity system, and the alarm system are linked to providing a real-time warning so that crime can be detected in real-time and prevented.
The technology age has improved security so much that we could do a lot from our couch by simple pressing our phones. Camera systems are now getting fused with proprietary neural system and lightweight algorithm for fast and real-time security measures. It feels good to know that a security camera is watching over you. Of course, how much of all of these you get depends on the quality of your security camera hence the need to be willing to invest in the best and know how to find it.